- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
TribioScience’s MTS Cell Viability Assay Kit is a colorimetric method for sensitive quantification of viable cells in proliferation and cytotoxicity assay. The method is based on the reduction of MTS tetrazolium compound by viable cells to generate a colored formazan product that is soluble in cell culture media. This conversion is thought to be carried out by NAD(P)H-dependent dehydrogenase enzymes in metabolically active cells. The formazan dye produced by viable cells can be quantified by measuring the absorbance at 490-500 nm. The assay can be used for the measurement of cell proliferation in response to growth factors, cytokines, mitogens, and nutrients, etc. It can also be used for the analysis of cytotoxic compounds like anticancer drugs and many other toxic agents and pharmaceutical compounds. TribioScience’s MTS assay is performed by adding the reagent directly into the cell culture media without the intermittent steps, which are required in the routine MTT assay. In addition, this high-throughput assay requires no washing or solubilization step and can be performed in a 96-well microtiter plate.
- Cell proliferation: effects of cytokines, growth factor, and nutrients.
- Cytotoxicity and Apoptosis: evaluation of toxic compounds, anti-cancer antibodies, toxins, environmental pollutants, etc.
- Drug discovery: high-throughput screen for toxic and anticancer drugs.
- Simple and Safe: Single homogenous solution, Non-radioactive assay.
- Sensitive and accurate: As low as 950 cells can be accurately quantified. Multi-well microplate reader.
- Convenient and high-throughput: “Add-incubate-measure” type assay. No-wash and reagent transfer steps are involved.
Kit Components and Storage:
|MTS Assay Reagent||20mL|
|Storage at –20°C|
|Shelf-life: 12 months after receipt.|